Journey into Truth
Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer
Pastor Lance Bane
JOURNEY INTO TRUTH
Genesis 3:3-4,6, “You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ” 4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.”
- In the middle of every situation or circumstance is a choice, an option, a better way to think , a better way to see, a better way to process.
- In a land of options and choices we have a word from the Lord that will guide us and direct us.
- God’s word says “not to touch.”
- The serpent lied and calls into questions the character of God.
- “Good for food” - Lust of the Flesh (Matthew 4:3)
- “Pleasing to the eye” - Lust of the Eyes (Matthew 4:9)
- “Desirable for gaining wisdom” - Pride of Life (Matthew 4:7)
- Ask God to show me a better way to think.
- Steward my environment instead of reacting to it.
- I will manage myself with honor and integrity, in every situation, by the power given to me.
- A healthy heart creates a healthy life.
Father, In Jesus’ name, I confess the sin of living below the absolute and supreme calling of sonship. I, too, have the fullness of the Godhead in me, because of Christ, but I live below that calling. I delight in your glory. You delight in me. You love me. O the journey to discover fullness in Christ. Fullness is our destiny. Fullness in Christ is possible because “I received Christ as Lord.” John 6:63, says that your words are spirit and are life. Your voice awakens my spirit. Your voice imparts into my mortal body heavenly life. Would you renew my mind to the goodness of God and the fullness of the deity that exists in Jesus, which can also exist in me? Father, I love you and trust that at the end of my journey I will have accomplished all that you have for me. I can not do this in the flesh. What has begun by the spirit and faith, must continue in the spirit and by faith. So just as I received Christ, continue to live in him.